Monday, April 2, 2018

Spring Break & a little bit of Dr. Seuss


Hey Friends!!

Spring break was about 2 weeks ago and I’m barely recuperating from my trip! It was such a whirlwind. We visited 5 countries in 10 days and it was AMAZING and exhausting at the same time. We went to Milan, Italy then to Lucerne, Switzerland, then we headed to Vaduz, Lichtenstein, then Salzburg, Austria and we finished our tour in Germany where we went to Munich and Regensburg. I took way too many pics to post them all here but here are a few of my faves from each country.
 

 

Next year we are headed to AMSTERDAM!!! Can't wait.

I know this is late but I love, love, love Dr. Seuss and all the activities we do!! Here are some activities we did for Dr. Seuss’s birthday in our class and in the library. We made Green Eggs and Ham in the classroom and then my little friends wrote a “How To Make Green Eggs and Ham” paper. YUMMMMM!! How delicious does that look??

We also did a Cat in the Hat directed draw from the brownbagteacher.com. They always turn out so cute.
Our librarian had RIF in the library and then had my little friends do some Dr. Seuss centers. My friends loved them and they were so engaged in the activities. 
 In the first center they tried to see how many hats they could stack. In the 2nd center they sort goldfish crackers.
 In this center they tried were putting "apples" up on top and then they were reading sight words on green eggs
In this last center they were matching capital letters to lowercase letters. This last pic is a pic of the library ready for RIF and Dr. Seuss's birthday.
This past Thursday was opening day for the Texas Rangers. For over 20 years my friends and I have attended opening day and we always have a blast. Here’s a pic of Cindy and I at the game.

Thanks for stopping by and reading our blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Well the green eggs don’t have a delicious look but I bet they were delicious.
    Looks like your kids did a great job coloring cat in the hat, and in the library centers, Beautiful pictures of all the countries visited during spring break I’m sure you kids enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete