Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Late post: Christmas Party Fun!!

I'm a little late in posting about our class Christmas party but we had so much fun I thought I'd share. Our day was jam packed full of activities. We started the day with a school wide sing-a-long in the gym and watched a snippet of Polar Express. All the kiddos came in their pajamas and they looked adorable.
Then we headed back to our class to decorate graham cracker houses. Sometimes I think I'm a glutton for punishment with the things I decide to take on, but then it all works out and we always have a blast and I realize it was all worth it.
Like the time I decided to make eighteen graham cracker houses by myself instead of getting help from our parent helpers. I usually have the parents hot glue the houses together but this year I had the crazy idea to put them together using royal icing so that they'd be edible.As I'm constructing them I'm thinking I must be crazy, but then the kids had so much fun with this activity that I can't wait to do it all over again next year...with some help. 
To pull this all off I made the houses the night before, then I put all the candies needed into muffin tins for the kids to share and I put multiple cans of frosting with popsicle sticks on all the tables. The kids were so excited and concentrating so hard on adding candies without breaking the houses that they were SILENT!! Yes! SILENT! In a kindergarten class on the last day before Christmas break. It really was a Christmas miracle lol. They were so proud of their little houses they couldn't wait to show their parents.
After lunch we played Minute to Win it games with marshmallows and it was so much fun!! First we played Marshmallow Toss where the kids had to see how many marshmallows they could get in their partner's cup in a minute.
Then we played Build a Snowman, which sounds so easy but they were only able to build 2 snowmen. For our last game we tried to see how many marshmallows we could get in a cup using a straw. This was hilarious!! I'm gonna say my kids are either cheaters or geniuses. Instead of sucking the marshmallow with the straw they stabbed the straw into the marshmallow to move it.

After the Minute to Win It games we had our book exchange and then our Christmas party and whew the day was done...thank goodness. Busy, busy, busy!!

2 comments:

  1. ¡Muchas gracias por volver a escribir un post! Qué alegría me ha dado de leerlo. Soy profe de español en un programa de inmersión dual en Wyoming. Vuestro blog es increíble. ¡Me está ayudando muchísimo! Muchas gracias por vuestra creatividad y por compartir todo lo que hacéis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchisimas gracias en leer nuestro blog!! Nunca sabemos si alguien lo está leyendo.

    ReplyDelete